Join our Chamber Choir
The Deer Creek Chamber Choir was established to provide an opportunity for choral artistry within a small, a cappella ensemble specifically for community outreach and personal enrichment. The Chamber Choir is an extension of the Deer Creek Chorale (DCC) and membership is determined by the needs of the group, advanced musicianship skills, a love of singing, and a desire to give back to the community. Members of the Chamber Choir are selected from the members of DCC by appointment or audition.
To support our mission, the Chamber Choir will:
- Rehearse monthly during the season at an assigned location.
- Sing repertoire from a wide variety of cultures, periods and styles unaccompanied.
- Perform during the season for community outreach in addition to performing as a part of the DCC main concerts.
- Provide role models and section leadership for DCC.
- Build camaraderie and community with the chamber choir and DCC.
- Pursue excellence in all of the above.
Each Chamber Choir member commits to:
- Uphold the mission and musical standards of DCC.
- Be a Singing Member of DCC in good standing for at least one semester in the season.
- Read and comply with Chamber Choir membership expectations.
- Attend the monthly rehearsals and comply with established expectations.
- Participate in the performances of the Chamber Choir as scheduled.
- Publicize performances and encourage family, friends, and neighbors to attend and/or support the Chamber Choir
- Strive to maintain and improve vocal capabilities and knowledge of the music.
Chamber Choir Commitment
The Chamber Choir commits to each of its members to:
- Provide music to members at no charge. Note: If it becomes necessary to leave the Chamber Choir, the singer will return or replace all music.
- Provide a complete schedule of rehearsals and performances.
- Make reasonable efforts to accommodate personal schedules of its members when scheduling rehearsals and performances.
- Begin and end rehearsals in a timely fashion.
- Provide opportunities to participate in service projects that will benefit members of the community at home and abroad.
- Provide additional professional coaching when available.
- Provide opportunities for solo work.